The annual Cutting Edge Seminar hosted by The Graduate Institute of Optometry, was held in both Stellenbosch and Johannesburg this year, and it was once again packed with interesting topics by world renowned lecturers. The two- day event was divided into lectures on the first day, followed by workshops on the second, using the latest technology available.
The seminar covered topics including Dry Eye, Glaucoma, Scleral lenses, Diabetic retinopathy grading and the latest spectacle lens designs. As is always the case with GIO courses, topics covered are designed for maximum clinical implementation, and are designed to enhance your skillset to best serve your patients, at a high level of patient care.
- Art Epstein, a contributing Editor for Review of Optometry, an Executive Editor of Review of Cornea and Contact Lenses, and is also Chief Medical Editor of Optometric Physician™, the first and most widely read E-Journal in optometry.
- Shannon Steinhauser, whose interests lie in glaucoma, retinal complications of systemic diseases and fitting medically necessary contact lenses.
- Kelvin Rivett a vitreo-retinal surgeon who is part of the World Retinal Society and the Gonan Club.
- Dr Robert Daniel, an Ophthalmologist who specialises in Anterior Segment Surgery.
- Alison Maytham, the Founder and Director at Vizibiliti Management Services.
- Barbara Radomsky , the Business Management Consultant at Vizibiliti Management Service, and
- Basil Kotze, National Sales & Marketing Manager for Optometry Instruments for Genop and also a director off Innovative Contact Lenses South Africa which distribute and support speciality contact lens products in Southern Africa.
Be sure to diarize July 2019 for the next event to stay up to date with the latest in the industry.